There is no lack of products to sell if you want to start your ecommerce website. You need to know which products are trending and experiencing growth and which products are experiencing decline in consumer demand. Generally speaking, ecommerce is experiencing explosive growth with the outbreak of COVID-19 so there are everyday more and more people looking to buy products and services online.
First thing – How to Start an Online Shop?
In today’s world there are plenty of ecommerce platforms that provide pre-built ecommerce websites that are ready to launch in minutes. You do not need any development skills if you want to start your online store. All you need is just a domain name. hosting is normally offered as part of the package. All pre-built ecommerce website templates are customisable so you can enter your logo, banner images, product details and much more.
Martave is a platform that currently has six free themes that are completely customisable and can be integrated with multiple sale channels to drive revenue. Its costs start from a very reasonable monthly amount.
For many of us getting an extra source of income is a necessity. Starting your online business can open up the doors to financial independence and provide certainty in life. This should not be a distant dream given the huge ecommerce market that is available to everybody. Without further waste of time, let’s discuss the available business ideas available to sell online by looking at Amazon’s best sellers as an example:
We have all been through lockdown and we all know how difficult it is to get grocery especially if you are an elderly or a person who needs to be confined to your home. Selling grocery is a great way to start your own business. You can start your own grocery webstore and buy the grocery yourself from the market to deliver it to your customers who cannot get exposed outside their homes.
Books are very much in demand especially during lockdown. People read all kinds of books, it could be fiction, non-fiction, comedy or cooking books. Decide if you want to sell hard copies of books or electronic copies. Books can be new or used. You can buy used books from charity shops and sell them again for a profit or you can scan books and sell them online as PDF documents.
Some of the titles that are trending on Amazon currently are:
· The Silence and the Roar by Nihad Sirees. This is one of the best novels that I read in my life. It talks about live under tyrannical Syrian regime.
· 7 Ways: Easy Ideas for Every Day of the Week by Jamie Oliver.
· Once Upon A Tyne: Our story celebrating 30 years together on telly by Anthony McPartlin.
· Zero Negativity: The Power of Positive Thinking by Ant Middleton.
· The Beekeeper of Aleppo: The Sunday Times Bestseller and Richard & Judy.
Sell online courses:
Many platforms offer online courses. Anyone can become an instructor. You can sell your knowledge by making tutorials online. You can make tutorials about everything from DIY skills to programming, mathematics and even social sciences. During periods of high unemployment, people always look at ways to learn new skills to enter the job market again additionally, many companies are finding that online courses are a more efficient way of developing the skills of their employees.
PC & Video games:
PC and video game industry is growing fast. The majority of the games are on CDs or they can be streamed online. Gamers need to find good suppliers of not only CDs but also headphones, USBs, controllers and good quality desktops that are designed for gaming.
Some of the best sellers’ items in Amazon are:
· Marvel’s Avengers with Iron Man Digital Comic.
· Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2.
· Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse USB for PC Windows, Mac and Linux, Grey And Black with Ambidextrous Design.
· Turtle Beach Recon 70X Gaming Headset – Xbox One, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, & PC
· LeSB 3M Micro USB Extra Long Charger Cable for Playstation 4 Controllers Charging Cable for PS4 Controller.
People love to shop electronics online. Electronic products are wide and varying. Electronics include everything including smart watches, streaming devices, CCTVs and video door bell. The interesting thing about these products is that they can all be connected via the internet to make the internet of things were all of your devises can be controlled from one place and information is stored in one place.
Some of the best seller items on Amazon are:
· Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa
· All-new Ring Video Doorbell | 1080p HD video, Advanced Motion Detection, and easy installation
· ELEPHAS Projector, GC333 Portable Projector with 4500 Lumens and Full HD
· Google Chromecast Smart TV Streaming Stick
Toys and games
Kids love toys and games and a lot of them are bought and sold online.
Some of the best sellers on Amazon’s website are:
· Staedtler 185 C24JB Noris Coloured Pencil with Adult Colouring Design, Assorted Colours, Pack of 24
· Clementoni 39411 Clementoni-39411-Impossible Puzzle-Marvel-1000 Pieces, Multi-Colour
· Fisher-Price FPM43 Smart Stages Puppy, Laugh and Learn Soft Educational Electronic Toddler Learning Toy with Music and Songs
Selling party needs:
Many of us have party to invite friends to but finding good party decorations can only be found online as it is a niche market.
Some of the party products that you could sell online are:
- Exotic balloons shapes.
- Party lights.
- Paper lanterns
- Party banners.
- Party cups and plates.
When starting your own online shop, sell trending products that are in demand or go for the niches. You could test your ideas by starting multiple online websites then keep the online shops that are making profits. It is not always the best to be slow or take your time in trying one idea at a time. Remember that you can use Amazon and Google trends to see the most products in demands.